Friday, November 30, 2012

Active Data Registration Error in ADF (Some Bugs Never Die)

Some bugs never die. This is true for Active Data Registration error in ADF. Error happens after exporting to Excel or after uploading file and pressing button, tab, etc. as the next action after export or upload was completed. Same error happens when invoking print behavior - Issue with Show Printable Page Behavior in ADF 11g R2 (11.1.2.2.0). This is reproduced across 11g R1 and 11g R2 releases, also with the latest JDeveloper 11g (11.1.2.3.0).

There are various workarounds for this issue - set Page Definition iterator ChangeEventPolicy=none or set ContentDelivery=immediate for the table, etc. There is no single workaround recipe - it all depends on ADF UI complexity.

Sample application - ExcelExportFixSampleApp.zip,  contains one task flow with the fragment:


Fragment contains two tabs, first one contains Employees table and Export (to Excel) button with standard ADF export to Excel operation. Second tab is empty, I will use it to switch after export operation is completed:


We export to Excel and press Second Tab - ADF returns active data registration error:


We can fix it by navigating to page definition, and changing ChangeEventPolicy=ppr:


To ChangeEventPolicy=none:


If the same bug will be reproduced in the next ADF release - I will repost it again.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Andrejus,

A bug has been reported for this one, will update after getting information from the dev team.

Thanks,

JC

Andrej Baranovskij said...

Sounds cool - thanks a lot !

Andrejus

Mihai Cornean said...

Hi Andrejus.
I know this is an old post, but how do you fix this when you need to have change event policy = ppr on the page fragment. I have lov's and navigation for forms in the same page with the fileDownload. I must keep ppr on...

Andrej Baranovskij said...

I don't see any problem not to use PPR, you can simply set PartialTrigger manually in the fragment.

Andrejus

Simon said...

Hi Andrejus,

First of all, thanks for your great blog. It is for sure a great reference for me and my co-workers!

I had the issue while navigating to another tab after an Excel export. Changing ChangeEventPolicy to "none" fixed the problem.
Now, I have the same issue after doing a file download but this time, ChangeEventPolicy="none" does not fix the issue.

I can't even find a way to skip/hide that popup...

We are working with Build JDEVADF_12.1.2.0.0_GENERIC_130608.2330.6668

Any clue? Looks like Oracle closed the bug without verifying (https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/BugDisplay?id=9218151)

:-(

Thanks for your help

Andrej Baranovskij said...

Hi,

You are using 12c? I would not advice to use current 12c, until there will be next update release. As there are too many issues.

Could you try to reproduce same issue on 11g R2?

Regards,
Andrejus

Unknown said...

Hi Andrejus,

we are using jdeveloper 11.1.2.0.0
we have a popup with a table and a select list that refreshes the table and export to excel command image link.We are facing the active data registration issue on the selected list after I export the table to excel and close the popup. The iterator's change event to policy is set to none. I tried table content delivery option both immediate and when available. This worked when there are less number of columns.I have 33 columns in the table.

Please help me fix this issue.

Thanks,
Ravi

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrejus,

I know this is old post but i am facing similar issue in the above scenario. In my case in the second showdetail item i have some view object iterators and also i am executing some business logic on tab change event.

Jdev version: 11.1.2.4.0
Java version: 1.7.0_67

can you please help me on this issue.

Regards,
Minal.

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrejus,

I get "Export is incomplete due to error Index: 50, Size: 50." after the last row in the excel. Your advice is appreciated.

Regards
Raaga.