Tuesday, March 26, 2013

BPM 11g JDeveloper IDE PS5 Bug for Process ExecData

I was hitting ugly BPM 11g JDeveloper IDE PS5 bug recently. This bug is strange, because is reproduced just after JDeveloper restart for the working process. Imagine you have valid BPM process, everything works well - restart JDeveloper and suddenly BPM process is corrupted. In my specific scenario I was referencing system attribute from BPM execData - execData object is suddenly lost after JDeveloper restart. I don't have solution for this yet, just want to share with you the use case for this BPM 11g JDeveloper IDE PS5 bug.

Sample application (SimpleProcess.zip) contains BPM process with one basic Human Task activity:


When you create Human Task activity - execData object is available in Data Associations:


We can use various system variables from execData, for example taskId. We could assign it to the local process variable:


It works well, until you restart JDeveloper 11g PS5. After the restart - there is an error in Human Task:


As you can see - execData object is not found anymore in BPM process - too strange:


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrejus,

Did you ever find a solution or cause for this? I am using JDev 1.1.1.6 .0 and I thinks this is stopping me from deploying my process.

Andrej Baranovskij said...

Yes... Here I posted workaround: http://andrejusb.blogspot.com/2013/03/workaround-bpm-11g-jdeveloper-ide-ps5.html

Andrejus

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrejus,

Thanks a lot for the tip. Refreshing the project didn't work for me the first time.I ended up closing all the projects and applications, shutting down Jdev and I reopened the project and refreshed before opening the process again.My process is compiling without errors but I still can NOT deploy my process.

Error - Message:

ESubmissionFlow to service engine: implementation.bpmn, for composite: E-SubmissionFlow: ORABPEL-05250

the exception reported is: java.lang.Exception: BPMN compilation failed

I am able to deploy the same process unmodified in another env with no issue

Any advice? This does not make sense!


Andrej Baranovskij said...

I think there are compilation errors as I see in this log you copy paste. I think this is some other error...

Andrejus

Valhery said...

Very annoying problem

Try:
1.Clean
2.Close project and JDEV.
3.Open project
4.Rebuild

Sometimes it helps.

Andrej Baranovskij said...

I agree.

Andrejus